Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Monday 17 April 2017

Time waits for no one

My beloved father, Arnie, took this photo of me, age 6, marvelling at nature as always. When I look back at my life, I feel incredibly sad that time has gone so quickly. I might be in my 50s but there is a real sense that I have grown wise before my time. My advice to anyone today is to seize life with both hands, do whatever you feel in your gut that you need to do and embrace every second. Forget fashion, the mainstream and what others think. If you want to live life fully, remember this- the exception proves the rule. The last time I saw my father before he died (I was 42) he remarked that I hadn't changed at all and was the same as when I was a little girl. He's right: I don't think we can ever change who we are or who we were meant to be.




2 comments: