Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Wednesday 5 August 2015

Things I saw along the lake today, Part 11

Readers will be familiar with the wonderment I experience observing nature. The farmers have been blessed this year with a fantastic growing season where it has rained just enough for crops to mature and the dazzling sun has ripened everything to perfection. We all eat bread or a variation thereof and wheat is universal whatever your prejudices, beliefs, customs etc. I've been fortunate to watch the wheat being planted right up to the harvest season which is now. At times I wondered why the farmers were taking so long to harvest their crops but they have at last come along and the fields are littered with bales of golden ears of wheat. This scene reminds me of van Gogh- he was captivated by an almost identical image more than one hundred years ago.


Photos copyright S. van Dalen






No comments:

Post a Comment