Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Wednesday 18 February 2015

Things I saw in the woods today, part 100

I call this one, 'chocolate log with mushroom icing'. Strange how the mushrooms have sprouted along the edges but not in the center...


A rare thing indeed- the leaf of a gingko tree which must itself be several hundred years old. The tree is not indigenous to the UK but comes from the Far East and is literally one of the longest living tree species in the world. How did the tree come to be in the woods?

And I just had to put this baby feather in again as I found it in the same spot as before, blissfully resting on fading autumn leaves- we haven't had any rain for a few days so there it is perfectly preserved still. It makes my heart sing- no other explanation there except that it is lovely to behold against those brown-end-of-season leaves and the arc of the perpetually green ivy. Death, beginnings, you decide.

This series has reached 100- who would have thought I had that much patience?

Photos copyright SvD.

No comments:

Post a Comment