Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Friday 22 August 2014

Busy bee

For those of you wondering why I have been absent for a few days- the days are not long enough! I typically retire at 1am every morning clutching my hot water bottle. Every ounce of energy has been spent drumming up support for the festival and spreading the word plus all the many other thousands of things that need doing to make the festival happen. Simply put, as one gets older time rushes past us at a terrifying speed and we are left with the sensation that we are not working as fast as we should. I'm not complaining at all. The artists are a joy to work with and I am happiest making things happen. When I look back at my crazy life, in spite of all the bad things that have happened, the best moments were the ones where I simply dived in with a smile on my face. In love, in work, in trying my hand at all that stuff that you would normally avoid if you're sane.

I've not been able to find time to write my weekly articles for the Huff POST- everything should return to normal soon(ish).

Here is a photo to warm the hearts - some child actually did something to make me smile for a change. (It's not that I don't like kids, it's just that they are not that interesting unless they can engage in a proper conversation and possess basic manners). I came upon this in the woods today:

With all the terrible news in the world and I weep for the family of James Coley (his brave parents are so dignified in their terrible loss), can we please just laugh, smile and love more?

An owl is hooting not far from my study window. He sounds rather mournful and it has just poured with rain.

Photo copyright SvD.






No comments:

Post a Comment