Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Friday 20 June 2014

Calling all professional artists

Hi there!

If you look me up on google it seems I'm easy to find. I've done many things in my life- corporate career, manager for various industries and then started my own business, published author, artist and sold my oil paintings over the years, radio presenter and weekly columnist at The Huffington Post since August 2013.

I've assiduously grown my twitter following the old fashioned way- and I can say that it works! I'm happy to represent artists on condition that they're professional and their work is of a high standard. You might not have along list of qualifications after your name but if you can demonstrate to me that you've sold your art in the last couple of years, I'd like to talk to you. I have access to buyers ready to invest in your art.

Even better if you're available to be interviewed on my weekly radio show at MeridianFM, a station which reaches an audience of monied buyers in one of the wealthiest parts of the South East..And there's this blog and my column in The Huff Post....what are you waiting for?

I don't charge 40%+ commission like the art galleries so you get to keep more of the proceeds of the sale of your artwork.

Selling art is changing at such a pace! I recently met with an Editor at the BBC who told me that Twitter and Social Media have more impact than TV these days because they're on the pulse faster than the traditional media.

Sure you could have an exhibition but unless that exhibition is promoted relentlessly, you may not sell anything! I've spoken to artists who complain that they lose money organising exhibitions because the sales are so poor and they never recoup their money. So why not try approaching buyers directly with your art? That's what I do. I also make sure that everyone in my little black book knows about you and on all relevant social media. Consider this: my articles on the Huffington Post are permanently displayed and to 54 million readers per month.

If you'd like to talk unofficially but just to get an idea of how I can help you, please email me: samantha@londonsouffle.com. You should know that I do charge a fee plus a commission on any sold artwork.

The Kiss, oil on canvas, copyright S. van Dalen

No comments:

Post a Comment