Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Monday 19 August 2013

Things I saw in the woods today, part 44

As you may know by now, I never stage my photographs; if something catches my eye, I take the shot and move on. I wish to convey through these photos the natural world as it occurs and in order to project that as truthfully as possible, I never ever touch or move anything.

These leaves are as I found them in the woods forming a symbol of sorts which perhaps only the fairies understand.


These berries could pass for  apples (which they resemble closely) but instead are those of the Bastard Service Tree. Fruits and nuts are currently plentiful in the woods as summer draws to a close. The squirrels can be seen stuffing their pockets with beech nuts and the woods are littered with half eaten nuts - like money, when we have too much to it, we never worry about wasting it! Now is the time to be busy making preserves, chutneys and jams in preparation for the winter months when nothing will grow at all.


Autumn is not far away; the leaves have begun to turn yellow and fall where the winds take them.

Photos copyright SvD.


No comments:

Post a Comment