Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Friday 12 July 2013

Is youth wasted on the young?

I think it was Shakespeare who asked the above. I have often been critical of today's younger generation - that happens when you get to be middle aged. I was doing my show at Ridge Radio today and the station was full of teenagers doing their work experience. They were milling around, learning the ropes of radio and occasionally kept politely coming into the studio while I was on air. They waited until the mike was not live and asked if they could come in. In fact, to be young is a pretty wonderful thing and much derided. All of these teenagers were polite, well mannered and quite special. Life hasn't corrupted them just yet. Perhaps that's the reason. To retain that freshness of spirit. Now there's the rub.

No comments:

Post a Comment