Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Sunday 16 June 2013

Things I saw in the woods today, part 28

The flowers of the wild garlic mustard have turned to pods, each containing dozens of seeds. The pods will dry on the plant and by the autumn will be ready to be harvested and their precious cargo disgorged.
Garlic mustard
Our rare sun lands on a daisy and it becomes positively blinding. The daisy is a favourite flower for many and it's not hard to see why."He loves me, he loves me not..."
Daisy boo
These are cheats: the honeysuckle was on the way to the woods and so too was this beautiful purple rose- the first rose of  the season. Roses traditionally flower in mid-May so you can see we are clearly more than a few weeks late! Neither of these lovely flowers is wild but I hope you will enjoy looking at them. The honeysuckle smelled so sweet although when I inhaled, a few insects made their way up my nose too....The rose is surely a briar rose and the colour is quite unusual and not one I have seen before.
Honeysuckle
Purple rose
Photos copyright SvD.




No comments:

Post a Comment