Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Monday 6 May 2013

Warm at last!

It was a long time coming but today we had enough sun to warm our bones- those bones that have been chilled for many long winter months- around 6 to be exact as we had the most awfully drawn out winter. What a feeling! I had bought the Sunday Times yesterday and lay out in the sun reading it for several hours today. I actually fell asleep though luckily wearing a long sleeved t shirt so no chance of sunburn!

Later this afternoon I headed out for the hound's second walk of the day. This photo of the ornamental pink cherry (not native), the lime-green beech leaves and a bit of blue sky, just captures the colours of summer. The hound and I were laying under the trees looking at the sky (I was, the hound was not that interested).
Photo copyright SvD.

No comments:

Post a Comment