Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Tuesday 21 May 2013

Things I saw in the woods today, part 18

I often refer to my salad days- a term which means 'youth' and which I learned when I was doing the I Ching quite a lot and when I was reliant on these props to get through life. I don't have anything against astrology or the I Ching or any form of divination. I just see the world differently now. Life is an enigma wrapped in a riddle and we all struggle to make sense of it. I do not profess to know anything or very much. I just am.

This photo in the woods today reminds us that we all have to start somewhere. And the mighty oak once looked like this. The seedling is surrounded by rocks- perhaps millions of years old. We just go on until the end of time.

I am fortunate to live in a very green part of the UK and one where I frequently see deer dart past my study or horses and their riders gallop along. Here is a horse's 'hoofprint' in the woods today. We have a horse etiquette in this country where if we are driving we slow down to dead slow near horses or if we are out walking with dogs, we put them on a lead immediately. These gentle good manners cost nothing at all.

Photos copyright SvD.

No comments:

Post a Comment