Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Thursday 30 May 2013

A dark place

My father used to say to me when I was growing up, that it is important in life to have friends who teach us something. There is one person in my life who is my defacto mother, sister and best friend. Her name is Yasmin. We met more than 25 years ago when we were both employed by the same company. Just over a year ago I discovered something quite awful that had taken place in my family and which I am glad my father did not live to see. Since that terrible moment of discovery, Yasmin has been a devoted friend to me and has tirelessly attempted to make me understand the importance of forgiveness. To be truthful, at times I felt that my heart was being torn out of my chest. There were two saviours who rescued me in this sad tale: Yasmin and the simple act of going to church every Sunday. I continue to light a candle for those who have dishonoured the memory of my beloved father and I beg the Virgin Mary to give me strength. We all go into a dark place at various times in our lives just like the entrance to the woods in this photo. Once inside we could get too used to the absence of light and become lost forever.

Photo copyright SvD.



No comments:

Post a Comment