Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Saturday 23 February 2013

The cold weather is perishing

We are all gnashing our teeth in this coldest of spells. The weather in Britain is temperamental to say the least- in one day we can experience all four seasons. In fact, we have a joke- if you complain it's too warm or too cold, you will frequently be told: "Just wait a minute!".

This capricious climate suits my personality- if it was the same all the time, I would be at a loss. I like the adventure of never knowing if I should take my brolly or leave it at home. And of course when it is left at home, it rains! There's a lesson in there somewhere but don't ask me what it is.

So if you come to the UK: dress like an onion: wear layer upon layer that you can remove as necessary or pile back on. Simple really!
The Hound in the Snow. Photo copyright SvD.

No comments:

Post a Comment