Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Thursday 10 January 2013

A simple life

When I was little I wanted desperately to become a farmer. Now that I'm older and supposedly wiser, I still seek sanctuary is wide open spaces, quiet open spaces. Today I went to the biodynamic farm in East Sussex where I buy my meat and veg (in season). As I munched on my pork pie- I walked over to say hello to the sheep but most importantly, to take in the sky and the ancient oaks that stand sentinel-like protecting a peaceful, almost reverential way of life.

Yesterday I was dumped by a man I had just met but with whom I appeared to get along. He suggested that my insanely busy life would mean little time for 'us'. If he only knew that best of all in my life are moments like this one where I'm doing very little.

Photo copyright SvD.

No comments:

Post a Comment