Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Thursday 13 December 2012

Quick weekday supper

Some days I just don't feel like eating meat and since I am pressed for time, need a quick and easy meal. Continuing on my seasonal theme, this dish makes use of the kale that is still thriving outdoors at the farm. Kale and chard are pretty much frost and snow resistant and provide a good yield throughout the winter. Walnuts which are traditionally part of Christmas fayre, are widely available now. And I think everyone has spaghetti in their larder! I sauteed loads of garlic, added the washed and chopped kale, a splash of white wine, salt and pepper then tossed the lot with spaghetti, grated Parmesan and topped with walnuts. Rather marvelous! I could have toasted the walnuts first but couldn't be bothered- that would have added an extra flavour dimension.

Photo copyright SvD.



No comments:

Post a Comment