Chitika

Amazon

Mumsnet

mumsnet

Thursday 8 November 2012

Strange creatures...

I buy all my vegetables and meat at a biodynamic farm and my journey there is my meditation; the drive through ancient forests calms my soul. This farm honours a great tradition of growing crops according to the stars. They use the same principles to rear animals. I only ever eat seasonal produce- so at the moment I am living off root vegetables, meat or fish, and apples and pears. No tomatoes, for example, as it is too cold to grow those- even in a greenhouse. I like living this way, it is environment friendly and I eat less- which is a good thing.

These two characters were guarding the last outdoor crop of the year- some late runner beans. Although I don't think they made it as Jack Frost turned up one night...

Photo copyright SvD.

No comments:

Post a Comment